Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Cold house. (1.2).


She was sit down, in the coach of the living, reading some love book as usual. He still could not believe she let him in, he knew it was not easy to stay there but as surprising as it can be, he got to stay there for over a year now and he was getting his hopes up. She was amazing, even with that mean side of her, she was really sweet and caring; she could pretend to be as distant as she wanted, but he discovered a jewel in her and unlike whoever was before him, he wasn't going to let her go.
- "Hey, pretty. Where is the television remote control?" He asked smiling while sitting down
- "There is not television here." She answered calmly while keeping her eyes on her book.
- "But I can see a television right there." He said pointing out the telelvision inside the room. He already knew it didn't work in fact, he was just trying to talk with her since some days she seemed to be more hermit that others.
- "It only works to watch movies with the dvd, there are not channels." She answered still focusing her look on her book.
- "Really?" He said with a surprised face, sounding a bit annoyed.
- "Yes." She answer now looking at him waiting for his reaction.
- "So it's not only pole north cause it is cold but also because there's nothing much to do." He said appearing a bit disappointed.
- "You can leave whenever you want." She said now coldly and focusing her eyes on her book one more time. But he already knew all her moves and behaviors, actually she didn't need to pretend she doesn't care at all anymore; after all this time he got to know the sweetest side of her and he couldn't buy such a cold attitude, even if she was really good at pretending to be heartless in the very beginning.
- "You're not nice at all, I wonder why do you like to live here all alone so much." He asked curious, for real, apparently her heart was taken but he has never seen her with any guy, she barely goes out as well and he hasn't heard any phone call nor anything that make him believe there was the guy. He started to believe he was dead since she usually wears black even if some days she add some cat ears on her head, which was extremely strange even for him, but other than that, she was a kind of a dismal girl.
- "You already know enough." She said while drinking the chamomile tea in the mug on the small table in front of her and finally closed her book.
- "Come on, how can you be so cute one minute and so cold the next one?" He asked, trying to provoke her in order to find out what he wanted. She seemed smart and calculating almost always but the time taught him she was, actually, really easy to trick as long as you get to bother her a little bit with harmless topics, like a little girl; though this time he was getting into a difficult subject.
- "I don't remember myself being cute to you at all." She answered with a confused face, looking everywhere while trying to remember.
- "You were when we were talking in the window, I found you sincerely charming. Then I came in and it seems like you just want me to leave cause of the things you say to me, but then I see your eyes saying something else. And sometimes you don't seem to notice but you can be pretty sweet" He said doubtful, not wanting to scare her not alert her too much.
- "I never meant to be nice." She said with a horror face.
- "Yes, I imagined so..." He said.
- "I wasn't flirting with you!" She said irritated. "Whatever I did or say, I hope you didn't take it wrong. I'm a married girl," She said proud. And he laughed a bit while asking himself marry with who? Seriously, she didn't call herself  widow even, but a married woman... There was something else, a missing part in his mental puzzle of her love situation.
- "May I continue?" He said looking at her, pretending to appear serious.
- "Why did you laugh before though? Never mind. You can continue." She said a bit suspicious now, she couldn't get right what was it that he wanted from her.
- "Well, I didn't think you were flirting, not cause you aren't way too kind, but because you made it clear yourself since the beginning giving many hints. In any case you were quite kind and that was enough for me. Still now is a bit hard to believe you're the same girl I used to talk with through your window. I mean, I knew to be here was going to require a lot of patience, but I've been here for a good amount of time already, and you remain so cold... Have I done something wrong? I mean, did I said or did something that displeased you?" He asked repentant, of course he was careful about every move but she didn't seem to know. She looked at him right in the eyes, apparently trying to know whether his intentions were sincere or not... even if she didn't know whether they were truly honest or not because she wasn't actually the best one reading looks.
- "Nothing. You haven't done anything. I don't think I've been mean to you, maybe in the beginning a bit distant, but I believe we're good friends by now. Don't you agree?" She said looking to the left a bit uncomfortable, he thought she was starting to feel a bit sorry over the way she has treated him so far.
- "Yes, good friends... Do you think this could ever be something else than that?" He asked her and she almost couldn't believe her ears.
- "Excuse me?" She asked looking at him with almost unexpected anger.
- "Do you think we could ever become something else than friends? I mean it's pretty obvious I like you and I don't know but you don't seem to dislike me exactly... You just, it's like you keep a wall between us. I mean you keep on talking about this one man I've never heard about around here." He said a bit nervous but sincerely wanting to know.
- "If you're talking about love, that door is closed and taken. I am sorry, there's no chance for anyone to enter there. It's way too taken." She said anxious and left the living room. He followed her to the kitchen though.

- "But I have never seen anyone having any special treatment around here. Is it some kind of secret love with someone inside your own house? Why isn't here right now answernig right now? I mean, does he feel the same you feel for him?" He asked curious, trying to get the true; but she seemed to break in that exact moment and he got a bit scared.
- "Do you want some cake?" It was all she said, while holding a plate and going to the fridge.
- "Are you listening to me?" He said getting close to her, while she moved away letting him now he was a bit too close.
- "The topic has been closed. It's more thant what I can take. You may re open it any other day. I am out of order." She answered about herself, like if she was a machine and even if he laughed, he understood it was something she couldn't talk about yet. Still he realize he had more chances than what he thought now, without someone to block him, he was going to find a way to make her fall for him.
- "I don't even know how you can open the fridge. This place couldn't be colder and you are there offering me cold cake with cold milk for sure. Don't you ever feel like drinking something hot? I can prepare it for you, just ask me. I am really good at cooking. Would you like to visit my place? It's really warm and you're welcome whenever you want" He said now enthusiastic and she couldn't believe her eyes now.
- "You're weird." She said looking at him.
- "Thank you. You're pretty instead." He said smiling at her and she couldn't help but feel embarrassed. Then she left the kitchen but this time he didn't follow her, she needed to enjoy her piece of cake in piece, while he enjoyed her embarrassment. He was not going to give up on her, she was way too adorable for him to give up, he thought and smiled for himself.



[First part: http://handsofaheart.blogspot.com/2016/10/cold-house.html ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentimientos